Research Center for Food and Cosmetics Health
Access to healthy food is a key element of food security. In 1996 World Food Summit defined food security as “Food security exists when all people, at all times, have physical and economic access to sufﬁcient, safe and nutritious food that meets their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life”. Therefore, ensuring the safety of food and cosmetics, is a critical challenge in public health and one of the main topics in the development of efficient human resources. Research center for food and cosmetics at Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences as a regulated care system which monitors food and cosmetics safety was established in 2013.
1- Development and application of human knowledge on the health of food and cosmetics
2- Epidemiological and clinical research in order to improve the view of providing health services in country in order to meet the needsof the Islamic society.
3- Collection, arrangement and classification of documents, articles and documents related to them and their publication
4. Training Human Resources as Researchers on the health of food and cosmetics
5. Encouraging and employing researchers
6- Efforts to attract and support relevant research and development centers within the country
7. Scientific cooperation with research and educational centers of other countries and international organizations in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Islamic Republic of Iran
1. Checking the unauthorized colors and preservatives in the drinks which lack originality labels in the province..
2. Comparative study of heavy metals in cosmetic products that are authentic and lacking in it
3. Assessing the quality of flour consumed distributed in the bakeries of the province in terms of the amount of bran and gluten index.
4. Check the residues of pesticides, fertilizers and heavy metals in agricultural products produced in the province.
5. Determining the amount of dioxan in cosmetic products
6. Determining the amount of afaltoxins in a variety of foods
7. Measuring the types of antibiotics and their residues in livestock and poultry and food.
8-Interventional studies on the correction of food consumption patterns in order to reduce the burden of noncommunicable diseases.
9. Using modern technologies to improve the quality of food products.
10. Use of modern technologies to improve packaging and long-term food storage.
11. Studying chemical, physical, microbial, heavy metals and residues of pesticides in imported primary food and drink industries.
12. Studying the prevalence and causes of food poisoning.
13. Studying the health of aquatic animals used in community nutrition.
14. Investigating the role of creatures and plants in medicine and treating diseases.
15. Investigating the role of living organisms and marine plants in the production of food supplements.
16. Identifying provincial health and food security issues and provide solutions to these problems.
17. Examining food contaminants from the time of entry to the market